Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Friday night...do you know where your incoherent gringa is?

....why, right here at the computer, of course. It's a rather odd moment that deserves noting mainly because there is no one else here (which, as I've mentioned, is always a rare and strange happening).......except for a random person who I met about an hour ago at onces and may or may not be living here now.

I was not under the impression that she was living here. However, suddenly everyone had left except her, and now she's hanging out in one of the bedrooms. Odd? Odd. I'm sure that at some point during onces I was told both where everyone was going and whether or not this person is my new roomie. It was probably one of those times where I give up on understanding and just nod and mimic whatever facial expression the speaker is making. Smile for smile, grimace for grimace, eye roll for eye roll.....this works surprisingly well. I might start doing it in English as well.

So, me and my new buddy are just chilling. I potentially have plans tonight, but they are Spanish-speaking plans, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm hoping to get a call....or hoping to be able to get into my PJs and not spend the evening imitating people. Although from all the buzz, it seems that the entire crew of the George Washington navy ship is running around Viña, calling people "mamacita" and ordering tequilas. People watching, anyone? For once feeling like there's someone more clueless than me at the bar? Yes, please...

No comments: